Here’s the 6 pillars of living a holistic lifestyle.
1. Practice being grateful. Say or write five things every day that you’re grateful for. When you are happy and feeling optimistic, everything changes. A positive attitude is important for good overall mental health.
2. A nutrient dense, well-balanced diet consisting mostly of organic whole foods like fruits and vegetables, grass-fed, wild caught and pasture raised meats. This includes eliminating or limiting all processed foods, sugar, wheat and conventional dairy consumption.
3. Eliminate all toxic foods, cosmetics, cleaning supplies and chemicals from your home. Foods like inorganic fruits and vegetables can be loaded with genetically modified organisms (GMO’s) and pesticides which have been linked to cancer. (5)
Cosmetics can also contain a number of toxic compounds like parabens that disrupt hormones and have been linked to an increased risk of breast cancer and reproductive toxicity. (6) Make sure to only use cosmetic products that are free from parabens, synthetic colors, formaldehyde, sodium laurel sulfate, fragrances, and phthalates.
4. Supplement with bioavailable nutrients. Over the past 60 years, our food supply has been shown to be deficient in many soil nutrients thus lowering the quality and nutrient density of our food. (7,8) Food is not enough, we must supplement to fill in the nutritional gaps and to feel our best. Our VitaMineral Complete 2.0 is a wonderful way to get all 28 major vitamins and minerals in easy to swallow capsule. †
5. Drink enough clean water each day to promote daily detoxification and hydration. Most of us simply do not drink enough water each day. An adequate amount of water to drink each day starts with 125 oz a day for an adult male and 91 oz a day for an adult female. (9) Thyroid Warrior, our best-selling Biowarrior of all time, is a great way to promote healthy detoxification of harmful toxins like bromine, fluoride, and chlorine. †
6. Make time and take care of yourself. Self-care refers to the activities and practices that we engage in on a regular basis to disconnect, and reduce stress. This can include things like exercising, hiking, skiing, walking, kayaking, yoga, martial arts, bicycling, or gardening.